What is "Faith Promise Missions Giving"?
For over 30 years, we have used this systematic method of giving to support our missionaries. Rather than waiting to respond to individual appeals as they come along, we ask church members to make a commitment by faith to give a certain amount to missions over the next year. Then we by faith trust the Lord to provide what we have committed. This approach makes missions giving strategic rather than sporadic. Every year we seek to add new missionary families and raise the support of current missionaries, based on the amount committed at our annual Missions Conference. We currently support over 80 Missionary Families here in the U.S. and around the world.
"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver."
II Corinthians 9:7
Jack Manly, a veteran missionary, summed up the soundness of the Faith Promise Program in the following statements:
- The Faith Promise Plan is a means by which Christians are enabled to obey Christ's missionary commission through their own local church.
- It is a plan that challenges people to give systematically and purposefully to world evangelization.
- The Faith Promise Plan is in complete harmony with God's plan -forming a purpose and then giving according to that purpose. II Corinthians 9:7).
- It ties missionary giving in with the local church and channels the giving through the church.
- It challenges every member to participate - from the very youngest to the oldest.
- This plan gives a concrete goal to the church Missions Conference and one in which all are challenged to have a distinct part.
- It guides the church in its committal to Missionary support and obligation, knowing the approximate amount of money it will receive for missions during the year.
- It confines the financial appeal to an annual event, and hence eliminates the need for constant appeals for missionary offerings.